Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dollhouse foods (:

Welcome to my first ever crafts blog (:
I've been planning on starting one for quite a long time but I'm a bit of a procrastinator, and since it's my first I'm starting with what I started with...
polymer clay

Back when I was a kid my friend and I used to make our 'trolls' (the ugly pot belly dolls with sticky up hair) food out of fimo/polymer clay and when my daughter was born I started making her some little foods in anticipation of her having things like barbie or sylvanian families etc.

She's now almost 6, and has her own 3 storied dollhouse for about 13 Barbies and 1 ken who takes turns marrying them all...and all their 'children'
I'm still making the foods, but now they get sold either as dollhouse foods, or sometimes I take it a little bit further and make them into jewellery

Here are photos of some of the things I currently make and sell:
(note that there's plenty of other stuff not shown in the photos such as burgers, legs of ham, hotdogs, filled rolls bacon and eggs etc)

dollhouse foods 3
Donuts, cookies and Cake

dollhouse foods 2
Jellies and pies

dollhouse foods 1
In the fridge: top shelf pizza and sushis
2nd shelf: bagels, cheeses, crackers and tomato
3rd shelf: potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant cucumber and kiwifruits
on top of and in the oven: fruit pie, decorated cakes and jellies
on the bench: pink jelly, various cookies and donuts, a blueberry pie and a jar of lollies

Photobucket

anyways, that's all for now (: I'll post another blog another day with some jewellery bits and pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment